- Dentures are commonly held in place with adhesive and as such, are not considered stable or secure. The major complaint is that dentures slip or make clicking noises. At our practice in The Woodlands, dental implants are fused with your bone and provide a stable, secure anchor for your crowns.
- Dentures are generally made up of acrylic, metal, and plastic materials, which can be difficult on the gums. When performed at The Woodlands, dental implants consist of bio-compatible titanium, which is responsible for the high rate of success patients enjoy with dental implants.
- At our practice in The Woodlands, dental implants are meant to last a lifetime. Dentures, unfortunately, may need replacement because of age or progressive bone loss.
- The bone loss that occurs at the site of missing teeth is not affected by dentures, because they sit on top of the gum line. Dental Implants, however, stop bone deterioration as a result of the osseointegration process. The titanium posts stimulate the jaw bone just as your natural tooth would.
- At our practice in The Woodlands, dental implants are used to replace single, multiple, or all of your missing teeth while dentures can only replace multiple or a full set of missing teeth.
Learn More about The Woodlands Dental Implants
Would you like to learn more about our practice in The Woodlands or dental implants and dentures? Please contact our office to schedule a consultation with Dr. Gayle Bradshaw at The Woodlands. Dental implants can improve your quality of life by allowing you the confidence to enjoy dinner with friends while knowing your dental implants are anchored securely in your mouth. No special, long-term maintenance is required after placement at The Woodlands. Dental implants need only the regular brushing, flossing, and periodontal visits required by your natural teeth.
Dr. Gayle Bradshaw, located in The Woodlands, TX, is a Periodontist who services patients from Conroe, TX, Spring, TX, Magnolia, TX, Tomball, TX and Huntsville, TX. We are looking forward to welcoming you to our office and encourage you to schedule your appointment today!